- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tsp homemade paleo Baking Powder (use standard if not strictly paleo)*
- 12 egg whites (not from a carton)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Herbs of choice (I’ve used basil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and rosemary before but you can also make them sweet with Cinnamon and Coconut Sugar for making Crepes)
- Coconut oil/cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and whisk lightly. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and any other spices and whisk immediately to avoid clumping. Set aside.
- Coat a large frying pan with oil and on low heat, allow to heat up completely. Once hot, pour 1/4 of the mixture into the pan and cover immediately. Once bubbles start to appear on the edges, remove cover and flip and cook for 1-2 minutes. Repeat the process until you have four, large flatbreads.
- Allow to cool completely before using it as a wrap.
- Baking powder isn’t technically paleo so a simple way to recreate a substitute is to combine baking soda and lemon juice- for this recipe use 1/2 tsp baking soda with 1 T lemon juice.
- Flatbreads can be refrigerated for up to a week. Freezing them is not recommended, unless you heat them up again in the pan.