Many Casseroles are filled with Calories and STUFF that we really dont need!
Try this one …..I am!!!
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup of pecans, whole
- handful of chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1 tablespoon honey (if vegan- use maple syrup or agave, or 1-2 dates)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut milk
- To make casserole:
- about one large head of broccoli, chopped
- black pepper and salt to flavor
- First need to cook the broccoli (or you could have it raw if you like). Steam or boil broccoli for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Place chopped broccoli in a large bowl.
- Next made the creamy sauce.
- In a blender or small food processor place pecans, green onions, honey, salt, nutmeg and thyme. Blend.
- Add in coconut milk.
- Continue to blend. Add in as much milk as you would like. We usually did around 3/4 cup.
- Pour creamy sauce over cooked broccoli in the bowl.
- Add sea salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- Place in warm oven of 350 degrees.
- Warm for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.