Pizza and Chocolate…oh yes!
Garlic Herb Pizza Sauce
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaping Tablespoon brown rice flour (or other flour of your choice)
1/2 cup white wine, water, or other liquid of your choice (or more as desired)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed garlic and flour, stirring to make a smooth paste. Have your liquid ready to add as soon as the flour/oil mixture starts to thicken. Stir constantly while adding liquid until you have the desired consistency (may need to add less or more than 1/2 cup). When sauce has reached the desired consistency, remove from heat and add seasonings. The sauce is now ready to be spread over the crust to be followed by your choice of pizza toppings.
Date Night Torte
- 6 squares dark chocolate — I used this Ghirardelli Bar with 86% Cacao – it is very low in added sugar
- 1 stick butter – grass-fed is best – Kerrygold is a great brand
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup red wine – any kind
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate squares on medium heat.
- 2. Add in the sugar and salt and stir until all sugar is absorbed into the mixture.
- 3. Slowly, beat in each egg individually. Take the pan off the heat.
- 4. Add the red wine and mix in.
- 5. Add the cocoa powder, using a sifter to be sure there are no lumps. Mix it up well.
- 6. Pour into a greased 8″ tart pan
- 7. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. Be sure not to overbake. It should still look a little glossy on top. A fork poked in the middle should come out clean.
- 8. Serve warm and top with Berries or any other yumminess!!