1 large sweet potato – thinly sliced or thicker slices depending on
which type you are making
2 Tablespoons olive oil.
½ lb ground beef
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon oregano
½ cup salsa
4 green onions, chopped
1 tomato chopped
guacamole or 1 avocado chopped
1. Thinly slice your sweet potato and coat with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven or
until brown and crispy. Flip halfway through cooking time.
3. If using the thicker slices, place on a microwave safe dish or parchment paper and cook for 2 minutes
until they are soft but sturdy.
4. While the potato slices are cooking, brown your grown beef in a sauté pan. Add your spices and salsa
and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
5. When potato slices are done, arrange on a plate and top with ground meat mixture and toppings of
your choice. I used a bit of avocado, tomato and green onion.
6. If you are making a big pile of nachos with the sweet potato chips, you can top the meat with any of
the following: shredded chess and sour cream (if you do dairy), guacamole, tomatoes, avocados,
green onions, olives, pickled jalapeños, cilantro all work nice.
Recipe by My Life Cookbook at http://mylifecookbook.com/2015/02/09/paleo-nachos-2-ways/