- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto prepared sheet. If desired, press a few pepitas into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are just set and golden brown. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (they are delicate before cooling completely).
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Substitution: An equal amount of melted, unsalted butter can be used in place of the coconut oil.