(Makes approximately 10 cups)
- 4 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, low sodium is best
- 1 pound frozen and thawed organic corn (organic to avoid GMO corn)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa, no sugar added
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and salsa over that and then layer on the beans and corn.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart when the pot is stirred.
Recipe by: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-slow-cooker-southwestern-2-bean-chicken/