ZUCCHINI BANANA BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
yield: 12 MUFFINS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20-22 MINUTES
total time: 37 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, xantham gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir gently with a rubber spatula until flour is mixed in. Squeeze the zucchini in a paper towel to remove excess liquid. Fold the zucchini into batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with sugar, if using. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
You can make Bread also and increase baking temperature to 45 minutes.
The muffins will keep covered for up to 3 days on the counter. The muffins also freeze well, store in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, place the muffins in the microwave for 30 seconds.